Friday, November 4, 2011

And once again..........




a long time has passed since I have been on here. I am not sure if you guys knew, but I had a major 10 hour head surgery at the end of September. After some hearing problems, and several tests, my Doctor discovered I had a large Tumor in my Head. Surgery was rough, and so was Recovery, but I am on my way back to normal. My Face is still paralyzed on the left side, and looks crooked , and my speech is still suffering, but this is supposed to get better as time goes on. My biggest fear was cancer, and I am happy to say, that this Tumor was NOT Cancer..............
So after a break ,I am back to knitting and crocheting. I am still crocheting Chemo Angels, but I decided to deliver them to our Local Hospital instead of sending them to another State, unfortunately we have lots of Cancer Suffering Patients right here in Town ! At the Moment I am a One Man Production Company, but hope to find some crocheting help in the Future. The Number of Angels I crochet, is not enough in order to give each new Cancer Patient a thoughtful gift :0(
I also knitted my brother a pair of socks for Christmas. I decided to make my Dad a pair as well, just in a different shade.
I also made a scarf/ shawl as a Thank you for my Great-cousin in Illinois . She was so helpful during the time I was sick. It is a Test Knit, and was made out of a Wollmeise Yarn, which is now my all time favorite yarn :0)

2 comments:

  1. Hallo Karin,
    mir fehlen die Worte - ich freu mich, dass es Dir wieder besser geht nach so einer schrecklichen Diagnose und Krankengeschichte.... Ich schick Dir liebe Grüße aus der Oberpfalz - und drück Dir ganz fest die Daumen, dass Deine Gesundheit wieder ganz hergestellt wird!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Karin,
    ich war länger nicht auf deiner Seite, schrecklich was Du in letzter Zeit erleben musstes, schön dass es Dir wieder besser geht. Ich wünsche dir eine schnelle Genesung.
    Liebe Grüsse
    Britta

    ReplyDelete